Kick-off meeting for inSCREENMODE held in Edinburgh
The kick-off meeting of this project was held in Edinburgh on 3rd November 2017 and hosted by CIVIC Computing who lead the project. Representatives from all 7 partner organisations attended the meeting to plan the activities for the next six months of the project. These partners include:
- CIVIC Computing (UK)
- Association Institute of New Technologies (Poland)
- CCS Digital Education (Greece)
- DIRECT Association (Romania)
- Global Citizens‘ Academy (Lithuania)
- Nottingham Trent University (UK)
- Emphasys (Cyprus)
Quick Overview of Project Goals
Screen abuse has been associated with multiple individual co-existing conditions (i.e. anxiety) as well as with general contemporary social circumstances and lifestyle. It may also create problems in youngsters social development, physical health, ambition and goal setting, which, finally, affect their employability and citizenship.
We want to:
- Support young people with excessive preoccupation with the Internet to implement personalised moderation plans and screen moderation strategies through the provision of a personalised Learning Motivation Environment.
- Equip them with the skills and the methodological and engineering tools to modify maladaptive computer behavior for healthy computer use.
If you are interested in getting involved in our research or participating in any of our upcoming training events, please get in touch.